Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hong Kong

Day 3 (Hong Kong)

Arrival! Got to HK magically without the assistance of a tour group. You'd think that it would be easier to get from the Shenzhen airport into Hong Kong, but surprisingly you have to speak a little bit of Chinese to get there. If I learned anything on this trip
My first impressions of the South is that it is sick. Palm trees, warm air, beaches, hot skinny chicks, seriously awesome.
On my way into Hong Kong, I decided to hide my passport in the hidden pocket of my back pack that is inaccessible from behind me. I'm like “yeah I'm gonna be safe, protect myself from pickpockets”. Plus if I lost my passport I would never hear the end of it from my Mother/Brother. So I have a big back pack and my day pack. Not to mention all of these things stuffed into my pockets and I am little tired because I didn't get my sleep the night before. I get off the train and head up into the subway station and feel around for my passport. Oh F#$@!!!! Where did it go?
I start to freak out, running contingency plans through my head, where the hell could it have gone? I will never hear the end of this “How could you lose your passport dumbass?”, I rush back into the train before it leaves again. I am on my hands and knees looking under seats getting people to stand up. Sweat starts to form on my forehead, lower back, how could I be so stupid to lose my passport on the first day of my trip? Then like a light switching I figure out that ohh, I am a f-ing idiot, and all normalcy returned to my thoughts. I took a few minutes to settle down and then I went and got a hotel room and hit the town.

No comments: